The Cat 6 cable delivers a maximum performance of 250Mhz, which is more than twice that of the Cat 5e cable
specifications of 100 Mhz, making it ideal for networking installations. These data cables
are also backwards compatible.
The printing detail on the sheath includes reverse metre marking, allowing for quick and easy measurement of cable installed and the amount remaining within the 305m box.
Cat 6 Cable Application
Cat6 cable is used in ethernet and networking applications.
Construction of Cat 6 Data Cables
- 4 twisted pair solid cable with 8 colour coded polyethylene insulated conductors.
- Rip cord for ease of stripping the outer jacket.
- Sheath material – internal and external options include PVC, LSZH and PE
- Sheath colours – grey, purple and black
- Shielding – Available in unscreened (U/UTP), screened (F/UTP) and steel wire armoured (SWA) options.
- 305 metres in our easy to pull boxes.
- Reverse metre marking.
- Supports Gigabit Ethernet.
- Fully CPR Compliant.